From the craftsmanship of the first 800 years of forging thin flash of
blades and tools, through six Valsecchi (Canlord) generations, ASTM Ltd.
continues today with precision hot&cold steel and non-ferrous alloys forging
and hydroforming in the automotive, aerospace, military and civil,
construction, medical, agriculture and many others.
The advantages of forging than other processes are:
1. Increased mechanical strength, the molecules and the metal fibers
are aligned and distributed according to the lines of force.
2. Structural integrity, no risk of blowholes or reduction of the resistant section.
3. Material saving, allows to obtain the crude form closest to the finished product.
4. Less weight, smaller parts with same mechanical resistance.
5. Reduction of work, minimum raw material allowance on the particular crude.